About Kendal Hall
A grand baronial style mansion set in the west end of Arbroath, overlooking one of the towns best known landmarks, Keptie Pond.
The building has been home to Lord Provosts and has had connections to the royal family. Extensive renovations took place in the building resulting in a first class care facility. The building retains its original grand features yet has all the facilities required by a modern care home.
These include spacious single rooms with en suite facilities including level access showers. Induction audio loop technology and internet connectivity.
Out and about around Arbroath
Arbroath has special significance in Scotland’s history with the signing of The Declaration of Arbroath on 6th April 1320. The document was signed in Arbroath Abbey and witnessed by Robert the Bruce.
The town which can be traced to a settlement in the iron age has developed through a variety of industries including weaving engineering and fishing. By the 1900’s Arbroath was one of the biggest fishing ports in Scotland.The famous Arbroath Smokie originally came from the small fishing village of Auchmithie, 3 miles north-east of Arbroath.
Local legend has it that a store caught fire one night, destroying barrels of haddock preserved in salt. The following morning, the people of Auchmithie came to clean up the ruin and found some of the barrels had caught fire, cooking the haddock inside. Further inspections revealed the haddock was edible and quite tasty.
How to find Kendale Hall
Get in Touch
Manager: Cherry Hunter
27 Keptie Road, Arbroath DD11 3ED
Tel: 01241 876 652