About Carmichael House
Carmichael House is a substantial Grade B listed Victorian Villa. The property was built by James McLaren circa 1860 for George Carmichael of J and C Carmichael & Sons engineers.
The adjacent property is a mirror image and was built for his brother David. Carmichael House overlooks Dudhope park enjoying uninterrupted views of the City the River Tay and Fife beyond. The building has undergone major renovation and now provides first class facilities for residents.
We have been careful to retain many of the original features thus providing a state of the art modern home within a traditional setting. Carmichael House can accommodate twenty residents in mainly single en suite rooms. We do however have the capacity to offer shared accommodation.
Out and about around Dundee
Dundee is Scotlands fourth largest city situated on the north bank of the firth of Tay.
The city initially developed as a result of the wool trade then jute manufacture. The weaving industry caused the city to develop quickly expanding into other industries including jam making and journalism. This gave way to the city of “jute jam and journalism”.
The city has a long association with the sea including whaling and Scott the antartic explorer’s ship The Discovery.
Nowadays the city has established itself as a centre of excellence in biotechnology and computer gaming.
How to find Carmichael House
Get in Touch
Manager: Linzi Knox
10 Dudhope Terrace, Dundee DD3 6HG
Tel: 01382 223 337