Redwood House is situated in Seafield Road close to the centre of Broughty Ferry. ”The Ferry” was an independent burgh until 1913 when it was annexed by the City of Dundee. It is renowned for its eclectic mix of shops, eateries and fabulous river frontage. Accommodating thirty residents in predominantly single rooms Redwood House which takes its name from the large redwood tree that dominated the driveway dates back to the early 1900s. It has been a care home for a number of years and is currently undergoing a programme of modernisation to improve facilities within the home.